General Liability Insurance in Providence, RI
Every business faces some level of risk. At some point during your everyday operations, you may find yourself responsible for injuries or damages to a third party. When this occurs, you could face significant costs arising from medical bills, legal fees, property repairs and more. General liability insurance can help pay for these losses and protect you and your business from financial hardship.
We’re here to help. Contact Gilbane Insurance in Providence, Rhode Island, for more information on our coverage solutions.
What Is General Liability Insurance?
General liability, also known as commercial general liability insurance, is a type of business insurance that can protect your small business from allegations that you caused bodily injury or property damage as a result of your everyday business operations. It is an essential aspect for protecting your business from costly lawsuits.
What Does General Liability Insurance Cover?
Although individual policies may vary, a general liability insurance policy will generally include the following coverages:
- Completed operations liability covers third-party property damage that occurs after your business’s work is finished (e.g., faulty wiring causes a fire).
- Property damage covers repairs or replacements for damage to others’ property caused by your employees or as a result of your business practices.
- Bodily injury covers medical bills and legal fees for bodily injuries to a third party for which your business is responsible.
- Personal and advertising injury covers lawsuits arising from allegations that your business stole advertising ideas, published false information or caused a third party personal harm (e.g., slander).
Your general liability insurance policy may also provide coverage for damage to your landlord’s property due to your business operations. To learn more about the coverage we offer, contact Gilbane Insurance today.
Why Do I Need General Liability Insurance?
General liability insurance can protect you from a wide range of general claims. Such claims are relatively common and can become quite costly. Your general liability insurance policy can provide peace of mind and financial security if one of these incidents occurs at your business.
What Are the Types of Liability Insurance?
Liability insurance is a general term used to describe broad types of business coverage for claims that your operations are responsible for others’ losses. In addition to general liability insurance, you can also purchase the following types of liability coverage:
- Employment practices liability insurance pays for defense costs and legal fees associated with employee allegations of wrongful employment practices such as discrimination, harassment or wrongful termination.
- Management liability insurance pays for claims alleging mismanagement from your directors and officers.
- Commercial umbrella insurance pays claims or judgments exceeding your other liability policy limits per your coverage terms.
- Commercial auto insurance typically includes liability coverage for bodily injury or property damage caused by your employees when they’re driving business-owned vehicles.
Call Gilbane Insurance to learn more about our full coverage options and to speak to an insurance agent today.
Contact Us Today
At Gilbane Insurance, we make protecting your business our top priority. Call us today for a free general liability insurance quote and to find out how our coverage options can meet your insurance needs.
Licensed in FL, TX, MA, CT, RI