Business Insurance in Providence, Rhode Island
As a business owner, it’s important to protect your assets and investments. One way to do this is by investing in business insurance.
What Is Business Insurance?
Business insurance, which is also known as commercial insurance, is a term used to refer to insurance policies designed to help financially protect businesses in the event of a covered loss. It is not one policy a business can buy, but rather a host of different policies that can be added to an insurance portfolio to gain robust coverage. Business insurance aims to help protect a business’s assets from various risks, such as lawsuits, property damage, theft, vandalism, loss of income, and employee injuries or illnesses.
What Does Business Insurance Cover?
What is covered under a business’s commercial insurance portfolio is dependent on the coverages they’ve chosen to purchase. Work with an insurance agent at Gilbane Insurance to uncover your insurance needs and find policies that are right for you.
Types of Business Insurance
Business insurance policies may include some combination of the following coverages:
- Commercial property insurance can help protect an owned or rented building and equipment used to run the business.
- General liability insurance can help protect a business from claims of bodily injury to someone else, property damage to another person’s belongings and personal injury.
- Workers’ compensation insurance can help cover an employee’s medical bills and provide wage replacement if they incur a work-related injury or illness.
- Business income insurance can help replace lost income due to a covered incident that prevents a business from continuing normal business operations.
- Professional liability insurance can help cover lawsuits claiming that a business made a mistake in the services provided.
- Commercial umbrella insurance can help extend the coverage limits for some of your liability policies.
- Commercial auto insurance can help protect the business and its employees when driving a company-owned vehicle.
How to Get Business Insurance
If you need business insurance solutions, we’re here to help. Give Gilbane Insurance Agency a call today to get started.
Licensed in FL, TX, MA, CT, RI